Auditions for the Spring 2018 Season will be held on January 19th at the
Richland Community Center, 500 Amon Park Rd N, Richland.
Please follow the directions below to sign up and save your spot.
Those who wish to audition must have turned 14 by September 30, 2017.
Please learn more about Forte! by reading and/or filling out these three forms prior to requesting your audition time slot
Please print the parent/ student expectations, sign it and bring it with you to your audition.
Our auditions are composed of two sections:
1. vocal audition
- Prepare 1-2 minutes of a song from a movie or musical, or a tasteful popular song. (No more than 2 minutes, please.) All lyrics must be “family friendly” and rated “G”. It is preferred that your song be memorized and you sing with a music track. (Accompanying yourself takes the focus away from your vocal ability and showmanship and is strongly discouraged.) For your track, please purchase, download, and bring your own track on an ipod, phone or MP3 player to play during the audition (and bring one copy of the printed music for the director to see.) Do not bring a lyric sheet. You need to bring the actual printed music (with notes and lyrics).
- Prepare and be ready to sing a Major Scale (on a neutral syllable, like “la”).
- Sight read at the audition (Director’s choice):
- One verse of a patriotic song or folk song (with lyrics);
- 8-16 measures of a song from a movie or musical
- Tone production (quality of voice)
- Showmanship (facial expressions, general entertaining and performing qualities)
- Accuracy of pitch and rhythm
- Intonation (singing “in tune”, good tonality)
- Preparation (how prepared you are for the audition – memorized music & overall presentation)
- Stage Presence (posture, confidence, overall appearance)
- Sight-reading skills (reading music that may or may not be known – accuracy of singing notes and rhythms of songs that are not prepared ahead of time)
- Major Scale (to be able to sing a scale with good pitch/intonation – either reading the notes or by ear)
2. dance audition
- Wear character shoes or jazz shoes if you have them. If not, wear comfortable sneakers.
- You can expect to learn a short dance combination with a small group. Then you will “perform” the routine you learned.
- There will also be a portion of time for freestyle.
- How quickly you learn
- Good Attitude*
*We are looking for a willingness and enthusiasm to learn as well as a great attitude even if dancing has not always been your thing.
Once you are accepted into Forte, please fill out the Parent Help form below.